Our life seems to be at hyper speed right now. Brian has a lot going on at work. Last week he worked the 2 am to 2 pm shift. That was very gross, and messed our schedule up pretty well. With the tragedy in Haiti, he is working this weekend also. The only bright spot is feeling that we are doing something to help. Even if it is just a tiny little thing like giving up my husband on a weekend.
I am CRAZY busy with Young Womens right now. We are in the process of putting together a roadshow. We intend to produce, and send the DVD to church headquarters in Salt Lake City, Utah. We are doing this as a fun way to introduce the 2010 mutual theme. Joshua 1:9, “Be strong and of good courage: be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed:for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.”
On top of that, we are also planning a pioneer trek. Our youth were invited to join a trek in Wyoming, but it seemed impossible to get the money to send the youth. We thought it would be better to try to do our own, rather than pick a few kids to go to Wyoming. It’s a lot of work, but I think it will be something that the youth will remember. The guys spent ~9 hours driving trails picking the route. We are even going to have our own buffalo! I’ve been learning a lot! While we are doing all this work and planning, I know in the back of my mind that I should get released soon as Young Women’s President. With our move coming sooner than later, and all the work that it will take to move to Japan, I think I only will be in a few more months! It’s a little bitter sweet. It’s been challenging, but rewarding at the same time. I just love my young women. I am really going to miss Florida. Our family has really loved living here, loved the awesome friends that we have made, the fun memories, and the beauty that surrounds us. Yes, we will miss our pool in the backyard too!!! Luckily we are only trading our beaches in for different beaches. If we had to give up the beaches, then I’m afraid it would be a lot harder to move. As it is, we are thrilled for the next adventure in another beautiful place.
As for Kennedy, life is NEVER dull with her around! She is loving school, dance, and playing Mommy. She is the softest sweetest thing, but don’t try to cross her! She almost beat up a boy at school for trying to de-pants her. Okay, so she didn’t really beat him up! Her teacher said she grabbed his shoulders, and shook him with wild eyes! I can’t say that I blame her! However, it seems to be frowned upon, so we talked about using our words, and telling a teacher. She told me she told the teacher, but she did nothing. I asked her what she told the teacher, and she said, “I told the teacher that (named boy) was bugging me.” I told her that she needed to be more specific. I told her that she needed to tell the teacher what they were doing to bug her. Trying to pull down your pants is way worse than poking you! Oh, it’s beginning…how will we ever survive. She told us the other night at dinner that a couple boys tried to pin her down and kiss her! The poor girl is in pre-school! Luckily she’s a firecracker!
He is so full of energy. He has the funniest little personality. I spend about 80% of my day cracking up at the kid, and the other 20% trying to discipline him. 100% of my day is spent trying to keep him from killing himself, or doing permanent damage. Nathan LOVES music and dancing. We’ve been trying to get a video clip of him, but he refuses to dance when the camera comes out. Yes, we have another firecracker on our hands! I just can’t imagine how different our home would be without our littles ones. I feel so blessed to be their mother!